Part 1: Overview of Linocut and getting an idea for your design on Wednesday April 20th, 2016 at 7:00pm – approximately 90 min. to 2 hours.
- Part 1a: “Homework” (carving out your design between Wednesday night and Saturday morning)
Part 2: Printing – Saturday April 23rd 10:00am to 3:00pm (approx.); you can either bring a lunch (we have a microwave) or pause and go out for lunch. Please wear clothing you don’t mind getting inked up. We will be standing quite a bit on the Saturday; wear comfortable shoes.
Cost: $10.00 for members (includes 1 – 4 X 6″ linoleum or soft block and 1 22 X 30″ sheet of Stonehenge paper); $15.00 for non-members (includes the block and paper). If you want to use a larger 6 X 8″ block, bring $2.00 more. Additional blocks and paper can be purchased at the clubhouse for the following prices:
4 X 6″ Linoleum or Soft Block – $3.00
6 X 8″ Linoleum only – $5.00
Stonehenge Paper – $2.50 per sheet
The club has:
- 5 linoleum carvers + 1 Linozip (carves by pulling back towards you)
- Soft and hard brayers from 2-4 inches for rolling out ink
- Water-based and oil-based ink in several colours
- A large flat piece of plastic for inking
- 1 dark room tray for holding water
- 1 large hand-operated, heavy duty printing press
Please Bring the Following:
- Black permanent marker(s)
- Graphite or similar transfer paper
- A few design ideas for inspiration
- If you have your own V-channel carvers or any extra, please bring them along
NOTE: Please keep in mind that all designs must be drawn/transferred backwards on to your printing block. This is especially important if you are including text on your print.
Space is limited – Phone 705-221-0468 or email porcupineartclub[at]gmail.com to reserve your spot.